(First of all, just a clarification so it will all be clear, I am NOT a homosexual myself. However, I have seen how “Haters” treat homosexuals like sub-humans, and I find this to be intensely repugnant. Attittudes like this has no place in truly just and modern society, and hating a fellow human being for the sake of hate is simply WRONG, period.
I myself have also felt the wrath of these Haters in their pathetic all-out, scorched-Earth, and desperate campaign against homosexuality. They aim to constantly demonize homosexuality, and all those who defend or are tolerant towards it.
I don’t necessarily agree with homosexuality, but to me they are just people whose opinion I don’t agree with. I don’t see any reason for me to intentionally discriminate or ostracize them based on that account.)
‘Bible Verses Against Homosexuality’
I am often amused and at the same time disgusted on how supposedly religious people often cite their religion and the Bible as their basis for demonizing and sub-humanizing homosexuals. I am amused because of their ignorance, and at the same time disgusted how these supposedly people of God use their religion to provide inhuman treatment upon others.
These Christian Extremists often cite certain passages of the Bible which are not in favor of homosexuality, and some of these are:
– “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.” (Leviticus 18:22 KJV)
– “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13 KJV)
– “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.” (1 Corinthians 6:9-11 KJV)
‘More Bible Verses Against Everything Else’
To me, such reasoning is simply, HORSESHIT, for the simple reason that the Bible actually ALSO says so many stupid things which these Christian extremists for some reason simply ignore and not follow. Let me list down a couple of examples which the Bible clearly states, but Christian Extremists do not follow:
* Kill People Who Don’t Listen to Priests
– “Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.” (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
* Death for Hitting Dad
– “Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.” (Exodus 21:15 NAB)
* Death for Fornication
– “A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.” (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
* Slaves must submit to their masters
– “Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)”
* Getting a haircut.
– “Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.” (Leviticus 19:27)
* Women are not permitted to teach men.
– “I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man, she must be quiet.” (1 Timothy 2:12)
* Gold and pearls are forbidden to be worn.
– “I also want women to dress modestly…not with braided hair…or gold or pearls…” (1 Timothy 2:9)
* More than one fabric on clothes is not allowed.
– “Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.” (Leviticus 19:19)
* Crabs do not have fins or scales.
– “Anything living in the water that does not have fins or scales is to be regarded as unclean by you.” (Leviticus 11:12)
* Pork is also forbidden.
– “And the pig…it is unclean for you…you must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses.” (Leviticus 11: 7-8)
* Women must not wear pants, as it is manly.
– “The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man…all that do so are abomination…” (Deuteronomy 22:5)
‘Excuses, Excuses, and More Stupid Excuses’
Their “beloved” Bible CLEARLY states these rules to be follow, and yet the Christian Extremists insist on ignoring them. The first “excuse” coming from these morons is that these sayings are applicable only to the age that they were written, and are therefore not applicable anymore in modern times.
This is HOGWASH, because there is nowhere in the Bible that specifically says that these instructions are “time-bounded”. There are no passages that say, “follow these instructions only after this or that time”. If they are not time-bounded, then they are supposed to be applicable up to this time. After all, the Bible can’t be wrong, right?
Another excuse is that these is that these passages are supposed to be interpreted “in context”. As per Wikipedia, the word “Context” means, “… a notion used in the language sciences (linguistics, sociolinguistics, systemic functional linguistics, discourse analysis, pragmatics, semiotics, etc.) in two different ways, namely as verbal context or social context”.
The problem with this reasoning is that it becomes RELATIVE, or ARBITRARY in nature depending on the interpretation of the person. What may be relevant to one person may NOT be relevant to another. Why do we have so many different “sects” in Christianity, for example, when all are supposedly using only the SAME Bible? It is because of the interpretation of “context”. What may not be relevant to a Catholic is very relevant to the Amish people, that is why despite quoting the same Bible you have the Amish people riding around in wagons and mainly ignoring technology.
As I have shown above, the usual “excuse” of using the “Bible” to demonize homosexuality is clearly, FALSE. The reasons go much deeper than that, and the opposite is instead true: That people are USING the Bible to TRY to justify their hate for homosexuality, and pathetically doing so at the same time. Whatever reasons these are, the Bible serves only as a convenient “cover” for their deep-seated hatred. As to what these reasons are, I can only hazard a guess, and perhaps will be discussed in a future blog.
– The Bible and homosexuality, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_homosexuality
– A Bible Quiz To Help Manny, http://theguywithablog.blogspot.com/2012/05/bible-quiz-to-help-manny.html
– Murder in the Bible, http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm