Former Makati Mayor and current Vice President and Presidential candidate Jejomar Binay.
I watched the Rizal Day celebrations last December 30, 2015, and while in the crowd I overheard two men with Bikes discussing politics. They were within earshot of a couple of people including me, and one of them was a supporter of former Makati Mayor and now Presidential candidate Jojo Binay, although he was trying hard not to be too obvious about it.
He started off by saying, “Baka nga si Binay pa ang manalo sa pagka Presidente, tahimik na ngayon, eh (Maybe Binay will win as President since he’s relatively intrigue-free these days)”. Then he says, “Di baleng kurapt, napapakinabangan rin naman ng mga tao (It doesn’t matter if he’s corrupt since people end up being benefitted anyway)”. He ends with saying, “Magnanakaw naman lahat iyan (All the Presidential candidates are thieves, anyway)”.
* We decided to vote early to avoid the heat & the crowds. When we arrived at the precinct, it seems everybody had the same idea, as the school compound was packed w/ people. Not necessarily overflowing, but just enough to fill most of the compound.
* I was looking for a sample ballot they were handing out at the school entrance containing the TU ticket, but a majority of the ballots they were handing out contained mostly the Opposition lineup. That sort of tells you that the Opposition had better influence at least in the area where I voted.
* I was lucky enough to have found my name on the voter’s list on the first try, simply by looking first at the precinct where my brother voted.
* I wasn’t able to get my Voter’s ID, I only had a slip of paper as proof that I applied for one & was worried I might be turned away. But that didn’t happen, because it turns out the COMELEC instituted an new way to identify voters, & that is by putting their PICTURES on the Master Voter’s List.
* This new system will very likely minimize even more the incidences of “Flying Voters”, since the teachers will have an additional way to identify the voters. Not all entries had pictures, though, but on my page, 7 out of 10 voters had pictures, a clear majority.